The Cobalt® 9904-UDX-4K-IP 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD UHD Up/Down/Cross Converter/Frame Sync with Dual 10GigE IP Ports is Cobalt’s next generation of advanced scaler/frame synchronizers for the openGear® platform.
The 9904-UDX-4K-IP upconverts 12G/6G/3G/HD/SD to either UHD1 3840×2160 Square DIvision Multiplex (SDM) or Two-Sample Interleave (2SI) quad 3G-SDI based formats, or can output ST 2082 12G-SDI for single-wire 4K transport. With both 12G-SDI and quad 3G-SDI inputs, the 9904-UDX-4K can downconvert 12G and quad UHD. The 9904-UDX-4K provides an HDMI 2.0 output for economical 4K video monitoring. The 9904-UDX-4K-IP offers numerous options, including SDR-to-HDR conversion and color correction.
The 9904-UDX-4K-IP provides dual 10GigE ports providing support for the emerging uncompressed video/audio/data over IP standards.
The high-density openGear® design allows for up to five 9904-UDX-4K-IP cards to be installed in one 2RU openGear® frame. Card control/monitoring is available via DashBoard user interface, integrated HTML5 web interface, SNMP, or Cobalt’s RESTful-based Reflex protocol.
- High-density openGear comprehensive UHD UDX solution
- Full up/down conversion between HD/3G, ST 2082 12G-SDI single-wire, and SDM/2SI quad 3G-SDI based formats, with ST 2082 12G-SDI single-wire and quad 3G UHD available at both input and output
- Supports Square Division Multiplex (SDM) and Two-Sample Interleave (2SI) quad UHD formats
- SDR-to-HDR, 4K color correction, and 3D LUT processing options available
- 12G-SDI and quad 3G frame sync and user delay
- Supports SNMP and Cobalt’s Reflex (JSON) Protocols
- Dual 10GigE fiber Tx/Rx ports and IP ST 2022-6 interface conversion provides full IP-SDI interface between card SDI input and output nodes
- Full embedded audio processing with user delay offset and AES I/O
- Noise Reduction and Detail Enhancement provide image quality optimization
- Remote control/monitoring via Dashboard™ software, OGCP-9000 remote control panels, integrated HTML5 web interface, SNMP, or Cobalt’s RESTful-based Reflex protocol
- Five year warranty
SDR/HDR Conversion Options (+HDR-ITM-4K, +HDR-ITM) – Provides sophisticated and comprehensive (yet easy to use) Technicolor® Intelligent Tone Management™ SDR-to-HDR conversion. Provides basic one-button Basic modes, as well as full-parameter expert modes.
SL-HDR Options (+SL-HDR-4K, +SL-HDR) – Provides SL-HDR functionality that allows HDR metadata encoding, accommodating SDR and HDR devices/decoders on a single stream, as well as specific SL-HDRv1 and/or SL-HDRv2 functionality. Contact Cobalt Sales for more information, or to arrange a hardware demo/evaluation.
3D LUT Options (+3DLUT-PRO-4K, +3DLUT-PRO) – 3D LUT (Lookup Table) options provide 33 cube LUT mapping between 10-bit RGB and HDR color spaces.
Color Correction Options (+COLOR-4K, +COLOR) – Provides full RGB color corrector (offset, gain, gamma) with extended YCbCr proc controls with white hard clip, white soft clip, black hard clip, and saturation clip.
Audio LTC I/O Option (+LTC)
Note: All specifications are preliminary and subject to change.
(6) 75Ω inputs (max)
(8) 75Ω outputs (max)
SDI Formats Supported: SMPTE ST2082-1,10, 424M, 292M, SMPTE 259M-C. All inputs/outputs 12G compliant and SDQS/2SI quad 3G compliant.
> 15 dB up to 1.485 GHz
> 10 dB up to 3 GHz
> 7 dB up to 6 GHz
> 5 dB up to 12 GHz
Input Cable Length:
60m Belden 1694A cable at 11.88 Gbps
120m Belden 1694A cable at 2.97 Gbps
240m Belden 1694A cable at 1.485 Gbps
400m Belden 1694A cable at 270 Mbps
Output Signal Level: 800 mV ±10%
DC Offset: 0 V ± 50 mV
Rise and Fall Time @ 11.88 Gbps: < 45 ps
Alignment Jitter (12G/3G/HD/SD): < 0.3/0.3/0.2/0.2 UI
Frame Sync Audio/VIdeo Delay
Max offset: 20 frames
Latency (min): 1 frame
User Audio Delay Offset from Video
Bulk delay control: -33 msec to +3000 msec.
Per-channel delay controls: -800 msec to +800 msec
HDMI 2.0 Output; type A standard connector
IP ST 2022-6 Interface
(2) 10GigE multi-mode optical Tx/Rx interface; female LC duplex connectors
Frame Reference Input
(2) reference from frame bus. SMPTE 170M/318M “Black Burst”, SMPTE 274M/296M “Tri-Level”
Frame Loading (Max. recommended number of 9904 cards supported (by Frame Model)
•OG3 Frame: (5) cards
•HPF-9000 Frame: (5) cards
•oGx Frame: (7) cards
Note: In all cases, it is recommended to leave a 1RU gap above the frame and set frame Network Controller Card to run the frame cooling fans at full (max.) speed.