SF 3PT SoundField Pendant Speaker
The Extron SF 3PT is a pendant loudspeaker with a 3” (76 mm) full-range driver for speech reinforcement and music playback in high-ceiling and open-ceiling applications. Taking inspiration from modern pendant lighting, the SF 3PT offers an architecturally clean, unobtrusive design that complements the aesthetic of contemporary interiors. The SF 3PT is available in black or white and is paintable to fit in with any décor. Included with the SF 3PT is Extron’s exclusive PendantConnect™ speaker cable that combines the speaker wires and a steel safety cable within a single outer jacket, providing a finished installation that is clean and secure. The UL listed SF 3PT offers both direct 8 ohm and 70/100 volt operation and is voiced similarly to the Extron SF 3CT LP for consistency and installation flexibility in mixed ceiling environments.
The 3” (76 mm) full-range Extron driver provides a wide and smooth frequency range of 110 Hz to 20 kHz. The design reduces beaming of mid and high frequencies directly under the speaker for excellent voice clarity. A power rating of 32 watts continuous program also gives this speaker plenty of headroom for music reproduction.
The Pendant Speaker That Blends In
With the SF 3PT, Extron designers took the pendant speaker concept in a new direction. The simple enclosure of the SF 3PT, with its clean lines, blends into the background alongside contemporary pendant lighting fixtures. This addresses the common requirement that installed speakers be invisible or architecturally complementary, without requiring modifications to existing structure.
The SF 3PT pendant speaker comes with everything needed for a finished installation, including 20 feet (6.1 m) of PendantConnect speaker cable, an Extron exclusive hybrid cable design incorporating the speaker wires and a steel safety cable into a single outer jacket, for a clean installation with only a single visible cable. Like the speaker itself, PendantConnect speaker cable is paintable.
To ease the process of wiring a pendant speaker in place by a single installer, the SF 3PT can be suspended from a ladder, or other temporary point, in the included protective bag while connections to the speaker and ceiling box are made. Once installed, and the workplace is clear, the protective bag can be removed.
The SF 3PT is voiced consistently with the Extron SF 3CT LP and SF 3C LP ceiling speakers to ensure smooth sonic transitions in applications when the listener moves between drop-ceiling and open-ceiling areas.
- 3″ (76 mm) full-range driver — Designed for speech reinforcement and music playback
- Frequency range: 110 Hz to 20 kHz
- 8 ohm direct or 70/100 volt operation —
- 8 ohm direct
- 70 volt: 16, 8, 4, 2, and 1 watt selectable
- 100 volt: 16, 8, 4, and 2 watt selectable
- 116° conical dispersion
- 16 watts continuous pink noise
32 watts continuous program
- Architecturally clean, unobtrusive design using Extron exclusive PendantConnect speaker cable — Blends in well with contemporary pendant lighting fixtures for an aesthetically pleasing appearance, Includes 20′ (6.1 m) length of PendantConnect speaker cable per pair
- Similar voicing to the Extron SF 3CT LP and SF 3C LP ceiling speakers — Allows smooth sonic transitions when using SF 3PT and SF 3CT LP or SF 3C LP speakers in mixed ceiling applications
- Available in black or white and is paintable to fit in with any décor
- UL 1480A listed for safety
- Optional 20 foot (6.1 m) length of PendantConnect speaker cable —
- Black: Part # 26-722-20
- White: Part # 26-721-20
- Optional 500 foot (152 m) spool of PendantConnect speaker cable —
- Black: Part # 22-271-02
- White: Part # 22-270-02