MPS 601 Media Presentation Switcher
The Extron MPS 601 is a compact six input, one output media presentation switcher for routing digital and analog sources to a single display. It offers four HDCP-compliant HDMI inputs and two RGB video inputs with analog stereo audio. RGB video and analog audio are digitized and switched through the HDMI output. RGB inputs support video resolutions up to 2K. The HDMI inputs and output support resolutions up to 4096×2160 at 30 Hz with 4:4:4 chroma sampling, and data rates up to 10.2 Gbps. The switcher features EDID Minder®, which maintains continuous EDID communication with connected devices and ensures that the sources power up properly and maintain correct video output. The MPS 601 is ideal for applications that require the routing of digital and analog sources to a single display.
For ease of integration, analog audio inputs can be assigned. In normal operation, the analog audio inputs follow the corresponding RGB input. Alternately, they can be assigned to follow preset groups of digital and RGB inputs, enabling the grouped inputs to share a common analog audio input. Analog audio assignment is available for digital and RGB inputs supporting video resolutions up to 2K. For 4K digital video inputs, the embedded digital audio whether present or not, will be switched through the HDMI output.
The MPS 601 offers integrator-friendly features, including cable equalization on each HDMI input, indicators for monitoring and troubleshooting, as well as peripheral device powering. Automatic input cable equalization corrects for signal loss due to lengthy input cables, ensuring signal integrity up to 50 feet (15 meters) for 4K video signals when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable. Front panel LED indicators provide immediate visual confirmation of HDCP authentication and signal presence for each input and the output. The MPS 601 also provides +5 VDC, 250 mA on the HDMI output for powering peripheral devices such as a HD 4K 101 Plus cable equalizer.
The MPS 601 provides multiple control points allowing for streamlined integration into various environments. Convenient control options include front panel, RS‑232, contact closure with tally, and auto-input switching. The six contact closure ports with tally allow for remote selection and muting of an input via a simple push-button control. Housed in a 1U half-rack width metal enclosure, the compact MPS 601 can be rack-mounted, installed in a lectern with the Extron Half Rack Shelf System, or mounted under a table with the Extron UTS Series Under Table Shelf System.
- Integrates HDMI, RGB, and audio sources into presentation systems
- Inputs: Four female HDMI type-A and two female 15-pin HD connectors for video; two female 3.5 mm TRS connectors for analog audio
- Output: One female HDMI type-A connector
- Four HDMI inputs and two RGB inputs — The MPS 601 allows for switching between HDMI and analog video sources.
- Digitizes RGB and analog audio signals, and switches them through the HDMI output — Analog signals are digitized, and switched through the HDMI output along with native HDMI signals, providing a single video format and cable connection to the display.
- HDMI audio embedding — Analog input audio signals can be embedded onto the HDMI output signal for computer and video resolutions up to 1920×1200, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
- New RGB inputs support computer and video resolutions up to 2K — Resolutions up to 2048×1080/60.
- New HDMI inputs and output support computer and video resolutions up to 4K — Resolutions up to 4096×2160/30 with 4:4:4 chroma sampling at 8 bits of color, including 1080p/60 and 2K.
- Compatible with TeamWork Show Me Cables — Show Me cables provide convenient connectivity and user input selection and control for TeamWork Collaboration Systems. Visit the TeamWork System Builder to create a customized system for your collaboration environment.
- Supported HDMI specification features include data rates up to 10.2 Gbps, Deep Color up to 12‑bit, 3D, Lip Sync, and HD lossless audio formats
- EDID Minder® automatically manages EDID communication between connected devices — EDID Minder ensures that all sources power up properly and reliably output content for display.
- HDCP compliant — Ensures display of content-protected media and interoperability with other HDCP-compliant devices.
- User-selectable HDCP authorization — Allows individual inputs to appear HDCP compliant or non‑HDCP compliant to the connected source, which is beneficial if the source automatically encrypts all content when connected to an HDCP-compliant device. Protected material is not passed in non-HDCP mode.
- HDCP authentication and signal presence LED indicators — Front-panel LED indicators provide real-time feedback and monitoring of key performance parameters.
- HDMI to DVI Interface Format Correction — Automatically reformats HDMI source signals for output to a connected DVI display.
- Automatic input cable equalization to 50 feet (15 meters) at 4096×2160/30, when used with Extron HDMI Pro Series cable — Actively conditions incoming HDMI signals to compensate for signal loss when using long cables, low quality cables, or source devices with poor HDMI signal output.
- Video and audio muting control — Provides the capability to mute video and audio signals via contact closure or RS-232 control. For video signals up to 2K, independent muting of video and audio is available via the RS‑232 control.
- Audio input assignment for integration flexibility — In normal operation, the analog audio inputs follow the corresponding RGB input. Alternately, they can be assigned to follow preset groups of RGB and digital inputs. Grouped inputs can share a common analog audio input. Analog audio assignment is available for digital and RGB inputs supporting video resolutions up to 2K.
- Provides +5 VDC, 250 mA power on the output for external peripheral devices
- Front panel security lockout — Prevents unauthorized use in non-secure environments. In lockout mode, a special button combination is required to operate the switcher from the front panel controller.
- Easy setup and commissioning with Extron’s PCS – Product Configuration Software — Conveniently configure multiple products using a single software application.
- Multiple control options including front panel, RS-232, contact closure, and auto-input switching
- Auto-input switching — Automatically switches to the input with an active video signal. When multiple inputs are active, the switching priority is configurable.
- RS-232 control port — Enables the use of serial commands for complete control and configuration via the Extron Windows® -based control program or integrated into a control system. Extron products use the SIS™ – Simple Instruction Set command protocol, a set of basic ASCII code commands that allow for quick and easy programming.
- Contact closure remote control with tally output — Allows for remote selection of an input channel. +5 VDC is provided to light an LED to indicate the currently selected input.
- Rack-mountable, 1U, half rack width metal enclosure
- Includes LockIt® HDMI cable lacing brackets
- Highly reliable, energy-efficient external universal power supply included, replacement part #70-1175-01 — Provides worldwide power compatibility with high reliability and low power consumption for reduced operating costs.